Welcome back to a new half term… the Christmas one!
Our children should have brought home their first report on Friday. This is designed to be brief but informative and give results of any standardised assessments carried out last half term as well as individual-specific targets that parents can help with and a general comment about how they have settled at school.
This week we have seen Year 4 go on a Religious Studies visit to St Asaph Cathedral where they learnt all about its fabulous history and listened to an organ demonstration.
We held extra forest school sessions for Year 6 and Year 3 and we have had football, mixed hockey and girls hockey fixtures.
New topics have also started across the curriculum with some super impressive science projects being brought in by Year 4. Well done everybody!
Important things to note:
- Children in Need – Fun Fifties day! Please save 50 pence pieces for our School Council led day. It is the 15th November. The pupils will not dress up but can wear Pudsey ears. We really need your support to collect those elusive 50p coins!
- Our new Prep Medical Room is up and running and Mrs Edwards, our nursing assistant is on hand to provide any first aid required. Please ask to speak with her if you have any medical concerns regarding your child in school.
- Next week an Italian primary school group of 22 pupils will be attending classes in the Prep School on three days. We hope this integration will have benefits for both their pupils and ours.
- We are still looking for parent volunteers to help run our annual book fair. This is running from Thursday 14th November to Wednesday 20th November. Please let the office know if you can do a morning or afternoon slot. Thanks in advance.
Advance warning of some December dates to make a note of:
- 12.19 – parent workshop
- 12.19-5.12.19 – Y1-6 parent art workshops
- 12.19 – Prep Christmas concert
- 12.19 – Pre-Prep and pre-school Christmas concert 2pm Prep Hall (PS,R, Y1,Y2)
- 12.19 – Prep school trip to the pantomime (during the morning – Reception to Year 6) Children can wear their Christmas jumpers on this day and bring £1 for Save the Children
- 12.19 – Christmas Market/fun day for all pupils/parents in the Prep.
- 12.19 – Christmas lunch for all pupils – dress up as something/someone beginning with the letter H – get your child prepared early for this one!
- 12.19 – Prep Christmas service in St John’s church for family and friends, all pupils will attend including Pre-School. School ends early. Please note that there is no after school care on this day.