Rydal Penrhos is thrilled to confirm an action-packed schedule for Founders’ Weekend 2022, which promises to be yet another incredible occasion.
Being a pupil at Rydal Penrhos institutes a life-changing connection, symbolised by lifelong membership of the Rydal Penrhos Society, our alumni association.
The activities of the alumni association are varied. It works to help our current pupils in very practical ways, securing them career advice, professional mentors, and work experience opportunities. It also publishes a termly newsletter that shares stories both from school life and alumni themselves.
The Society also organises events. In the past, we have held Regional Dinners in London, Chester, Cambridge, and Oxford, and abroad in Paris and Hong Kong. Last September’s Founders’ Weekend saw a host of celebratory events, while this summer we are hosting the class of 1982 for their reunion.
Rydal Penrhos is now thrilled to confirm its Founders’ Weekend 2022 schedule, which will take place on Friday 9 September and Saturday 10 September, which has something for everyone and all our wonderful alumni are welcome to attend.
It will be an occasion not to miss and we hope to see as many former pupils back at the school as possible.
Friday 9 September 2022
- 9am: Founders’ Service in St John’s Church (all alumni welcome) – Service by the Rev’d Dr Rob Beamish, Music by Senior Choir and Mr Pete Williams.
- 2.30pm: Year 12, 13 and Class of 2022 (i.e. Year 14) Speech Day in the Memorial Hall
- 3.30pm: Refreshments in the Osborn Hall
Saturday 10 September 2022
- 9.15am: Rydal Penrhos Society Committee Meeting and AGM in the church room at St John’s Church
- 10-10.20am: Chapel Service and Community Choir with Rev’d Dr Rob Beamish and Alan McGuinness – All alumni are invited to attend as well as Governors, the Senior Leadership Team, staff and pupils (past and present) participating in sports matches.
- 10.30am-12.30pm: Sports matches on the Astro and in the Sports Hall – Refreshments will be available in the Dining Hall for those in attendance.
- 12.30pm-1.30pm: Buffet Lunch in the Osborn Hall for all alumni, staff and current pupils attending the day’s events – Archive displays of the Osborn Hall and the cricketing history of the school will be available to view. There will be performances from the Rydal Penrhos Community Wind Band and the Prep School Choir.
- 2pm-6pm: Eton Fives Tournament
Anyone wishing to enquire about Rydal Penrhos School can do so by calling 01492 530155, emailing email@example.com or registering your interest online.