Rydal Penrhos: Further statement on school reopening
The guidance details were published yesterday afternoon by the Welsh Government and can be found at this link https://gov.wales/operational-guidance-schools-and-settings-keep-educationsafe-covid-19.
This guidance contains links to many more documents which may help you to understand the greater detail that schools are planning, and we are no different Rydal Penrhos.
Many have asked to see our risk assessment which we stated we would send on Monday, June 15.
We have managed to update it, given yesterday’s guidance, and it can be found below. The risk assessment follows all of the Welsh guidelines and has been put together by the Rydal Penrhos SLT in conjunction with our qualified Health and Safety Officer.
The risk assessment should be seen as a summary, it is a small part of our school’s overall guidance to staff on the reopening of the school.
There have been some similar themes emerging in the comments section of the parent questionnaire.
Our aim is to be as transparent as possible and we will always answer where we can. Please note the following updated information:
1) Some items of school uniform are not easily laundered on a daily basis. We mentioned suits, blazers and ties but the kilts also come into this bracket. Pupils will be allowed to wear school PE kit to school each day as uniform and girls can wear any appropriate long dark blue trousers instead of the kilt if they choose not to wear PE kit. We do not want to cause extra stress with this request.
2) Pupils across the school will be taking part in enhanced outdoor activities. All sports will be socially distanced. Sports will take place in bubbles but several bubbles may be doing sports on the same field at a distance from each other.
3) We are planning some socially distanced and virtual events for Years 6, 11 and 13 to celebrate these important milestone years. We will be consulting with pupils before making final decisions.
4) Boarders will be contacted separately regarding boarding provision.
5) If you would like your child to wear a face mask this is fine, they will not be asked to remove it, some staff may also choose to wear a face mask.
6) Remote learning will continue, but may be slightly tweaked to accommodate the changes which will inevitably occur as a result of the return to school.
We are able to open our pre-school facility on the 29 June.
Hopefully, by giving this information now we have ensured that many of you feel more informed about the way the school will work from 29 June.
John Waszek – Executive Principal
Sally Harding – Head of Senior School
Lucy Davies – Head of Prep School