Rydal Penrhos Prep School’s Stars of the Week for 19 March 2021.
It’s been another busy week at Rydal Penrhos Prep School, which has seen all year groups make their triumphant return after restrictions were relaxed by the Welsh Government. This was another huge step in the right direction after a 12-month period of extreme COVID-19 uncertainty, but pupils and staff alike have adjusted to the ever-changing times incredibly well.
To mark their full return, every member of the Prep School community has been taking part in Let’s Count! initiative leading up to the Census this weekend.
The Let’s Count! programme includes 14 cross-curricular resources to choose from, covering key areas of the English and Welsh curriculum.
This easy-to-use education initiative helps improve maths and writing skills, using Census 2021, a significant real-life event, as a stimulus.
They have taken part in a special maths lesson every week this half term and completed real-life data projects ranging from pictograms in Reception to gathering data via Microsoft Forms in Year 6.
Well done everyone on your amazing efforts over the last few days!
Rydal Penrhos Prep School Stars of the Week
- Pre-School: Nel and Dylan – for super creative work
- Reception: Tiffany – hard work in all of her lessons
- Year 1: Pearl – fantastic progress with her high-frequency words
- Year 2: Hania – a fabulous diary entry for this week
- Year 3: Rose – brilliant progress with her handwriting in just one week
- Year 4: Alexandra – super poetry
- Year 5: Charlie – sensible and conscientious work in all lessons
- Year 6: Tom – going ‘above and beyond’ with his fantastic geography project
Artist of the Week
- Oscar in Year 4 – a super portfolio of lockdown art
Anyone wishing to enquire about Rydal Penrhos School can do so by calling 01492 530155, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register your interest online here: https://rydalpenrhos.com/admissions/apply-now.