As part of the school’s achievement scheme, pupils across all age groups were selected for accolades in recognition of their efforts throughout the week, which has seen all age groups tackle the ever-changing learning methods due to COVID-19 efficiently, confidently and with enthusiasm.
Their diverse and enriching timetable – which was adjusted from the first lockdown following parent feedback – has enabled the majority of lessons to remain the same – albeit in online form due to restrictions implemented by the Welsh Government – which has come as a result of an exceptional effort from Prep School teaching staff in the most unprecedented of circumstances.
This week also saw some special activities take place as part of World Book Day, with Pre-School and Nursery manager Letitia Spencer providing an account of what went on at the department throughout the day.
“We discussed World Book Day during circle time and talked about our favourite book at home.
“Sebby said his favourite was his book about “space”- he liked it because the man goes to the moonlight. They looked at different books today of their own choice. Lexie’s favourite book from home was “let it go” she liked it because it had Elsa and Ana in it.
“Nel’s favourite book from home was “The Gruffalo” she liked this because daddy reads it to her. Dylan’s favourite book was “ the highway rat” he liked it because it was really good.
“Rapunzel the princess came to read us a story too.”
Rydal Penrhos Stars of the Week
- Reception: Zach – for great work with his phonics and sounding out letters
- Year 1: Paige – for real enthusiasm and improvement with her writing
- Year 2: Arjun – for fabulous spelling and handwriting
- Year 3: Svaksh – for being kind and helpful in his breakout room and super work in maths
- Year 4: Harrison H – great attitude and work ethic
- Year 5: Ava – very well presented and accurate maths
- Year 6: Gethin – for effort, enthusiasm and always being ready with the answer
Artist of the Week
- Eglantine: Year 3 – super Mexican painting in hot and cold colours to represent the sun and moon
Anyone wishing to enquire about Rydal Penrhos School can do so by calling 01492 530155, email email@example.com or register your interest online here: https://rydalpenrhos.com/admissions/apply-now/.