Rydal Penrhos has strived to ensure that high educational standards are maintained despite the ongoing concerns surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
The school’s COVID-19 response team, together with teaching and support staff, have gone to extreme lengths to put every necessary precautions and safety measures in place so that Rydal Penrhos pupils young and old can continue getting the most out of their education – benefitting from the wealth of academic and extra-curricular opportunities on offer.
Christmas is a time for celebration, and even though things look far different this year in a time of ‘class bubbles’ and ‘social distancing’, Senior and Prep School staff have managed to keep things as ‘normal’ as possible with a fun-filled schedule in the run-up to their well-deserved end of term break on Tuesday 15 December.
There will be no Christmas Market this year due to current restrictions, but some of the great traditions will continue and ensure each Rydal Penrhos pupil heads off into the holidays with plenty of festive cheer.
The ever-popular House Singing Competition will be held virtually, the Christmas Service will be live-streamed and this year’s Pre School-Year 2 Nativity will be recorded.
It’s been a term full of unprecedented changes, exciting developments and exceptional conduct from staff and pupils alike. They’ve all earned not only their well-deserved break, but also to enjoy the final two weeks of term before spending time with their families.
Christmas Schedule 2020
Friday 11 December:
- Pre-School – Year 2 Nativity Play – This will be videoed and a link distributed for parents and family members to watch.
- Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save the Children – donate online here.
Monday 14 December:
- Prep School Christmas Party Day – Following the fancy dress tradition – which is based on anything beginning with the letter I (as in Indigo not L for lollipop) this year – Father Christmas will make a visit, there will be a nativity story tableau and a variation of elves in the Secrets Room. Parents are not required to bring in any presents this year but can donate to Ty Gobaith Children’s Hospice at this link.
- Senior School Christmas Lunch – Pupils can wear a festive jumper should they wish.
Tuesday 15 December:
- Christmas Service Live Stream – Will be available to view on our YouTube channel from 11.15am.
- End of Term – 12pm.
Christmas Holiday Club:
- We will be running a Holiday Club for the five days from Wednesday 16 December until Friday 18, and against from Monday 4 and 5 January 2021. This service will not be in operation for the two-week period over the holidays in between and also on Wednesday 6 January for staff training.
Rydal Penrhos is now able to offer private tours to prospective pupils and their families.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online at https://rydal.wpengine.com/open-days-visits.