Another busy week here at The Prep School.
As I write this we await the return of our young footballers from their tournament at Manchester City Academy; results and photos will be on our website very soon.
Pupils from Year 5 are also out visiting the home of Bishop Morgan near Betws y Coed for their Religious Studies topic. This week Year 4 visited the Home Front Museum in Llandudno as part of their Second World War history topic, making learning real (well not too real!). We have also had a lot of fun with European Languages Day; flag hunting, special food and a special assembly from our languages department.
Thank you to the Form Reps who managed to get to our first meeting this week, it was a very productive meeting and there were several points for me to action and these are listed below:
- Parents will be sent a link in order to access a version of the school calendar which doesn’t show all of the afterschool activities. In other words this will look similar to the old printed calendars. It will be available for your phone and computer.
- The next meeting for Form reps will be Wednesday 6 November from 08:00-08:45 in the library. Do make sure your form is represented and that you let your rep know if you would like something to be raised.
- Treble Makers is a singing group for talented, keen singers led by Mr McGuiness. Any pupil in year 4, 5 or 6 can join and interested pupils should let Mr McGuiness know when he talks about Treble Makers in class. There are no auditions.
- Open Afternoon is next Friday (2.30pm-5.30pm). Lessons will continue as usual and all current parents are welcome to join a prefect led tour.
- Parents’ Evening for all classes will be on Monday 25 November from 15:45-19:30. More information will be sent nearer the time. Short reports for all classes will be available on Friday 8.
With best wishes for a fabulous weekend,
Mrs. Lucy Davies
Head of Rydal Penrhos Prep School